Thursday 7 August 2008

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

My thoughts whenever someone near me mentions the word D.I.S.S.E.R.T.A.T.I.O.N.

As any reader with my level of intelligence -- which is not much I must say -- would have guessed, I am currently involved in the arduous task of completing my MA dissertation which is due by the end of this month and from the look of things I seem to be doing everything in my power to FAIL!!!

Out of the mandatory 12,000 words (yes I have to spew out a minimum of 12, 000 words) I have achieved a little less than 4,000 and they all comprise of thoughts and observations extracted from various books and articles.

I spend my days trying to decipher various articles which supposedly contribute to my research and watching every damn movie available on the internet on those sites which are boons from the gods since they let financially unstable (broke) students like myself stream a movie for free and watch it on laptops.

With approximately three weeks left I am still behaving as if the damn thing is due in 2050!!! What will happen to me is in the hands of the 62 billion gods and goddesses of the Hindu pantheon. In the words of my friend The OWL, "AIYYYYOOOOOO!"

3 comments:

Meera Vijayann said...

You don't talk!! you are such a Geek!!
You are such a ditcher... I'm sure you've secretly finished dissertation.Hmpfh.

- Owly.

A.G said...

YOU OWL!!! I'm in deep faeces and you talk about ditching!!! This whole academic exercise is like one bad dream gone really awry!!!

Tejilee Tembe said...

Seriously guys u know im gonna help u with ur references na....;)
T